Understanding the ecology of animal species in one of the most biodiverse biomes in the world is of great interest to Instituto Juruá researchers. For this reason, we have developed research on different animal taxa in contrasting várzea and terra firme forests, addressing patterns of species distribution, migration, reproductive ecology, trophic ecology, habitat use, and ecological interactions, among other interesting aspects. Some of the current research being developed in the mid-Juruá includes:
* Distribution and habitat use patterns in different types of forest, using genetic tools and acoustic ecology.
* Migration patterns of fish, mammals and birds.
* Trophic ecology of fish.
* Co-occurrence of competing species.
* Genetic variability of fish, mammals and birds.
* Ecological function of key species.