Socioeconomic factors are decisive for local sustainable development. For this reason, researchers at Instituto Juruá carry out scientific research on issues related to bioeconomy and rural sociology, such as income generation, factors that influence rural exodus, new economic opportunities and access to basic services such as health and education. Some of our current research includes:
* Impact of community management on the income of rural communities.
* Role of protected areas to curb rural exodus.
* Value chains of socio-biodiversity products.
* Economic impact of the natural resource use.
* Rural well-being and quality of life.