Understanding the ecology of plant species in one of the most biodiverse biomes in the world is of great interest to Instituto Juruá researchers. For this reason, we have developed research on different plant taxa in contrasting várzea and terra firme forests, addressing patterns of species distribution, population ecology, functional diversity, and plant-animal interaction networks. Some of the current research being developed in the mid-Juruá includes:
* Distribution patterns of plants species.
* Population ecology of key plant species.
* Carbon storage capacity of different plant species and forest types.
* Functional diversity of different forest types.
* Anthropic impacts on forest composition.
* Plant-animal interaction networks.
* Patterns of algal diversity using environmental DNA.