Environmental conservation through the sustainable use of natural resources is a great banner and strategy of Instituto Juruá. We operate a solid line of research to understand the patterns of use in hunting, fishing, extraction, participatory management and other forms of natural resource use. Among the topics developed by researchers, the following stand out:
* Ecological, economic and social impacts of natural resource use.
* Impact of natural resource use on the well-being of traditional communities.
* Impact of natural resource use on food security in traditional communities.
* Importance of natural resource use for cultural maintenance.
* Participatory construction of conservation models.
* Political analysis of the use of fauna by traditional populations.